• angusbuchan

• Angus devotional
  • biblebanner
  • Is Jesus Enough
  • koringaar-wide

2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Written by Angus Buchan on . Posted in From Angus' Desk

In 2 Corinthians 10:4-5, the Bible says, “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (of the flesh), but mighty in God for pulling down strong holds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.”

Sun Behind Wire There are so many people suffering.  Much of our suffering originates from our thought life.  We need to be so careful to not allow vain imaginations to dominate our lives.  For example; I not good enough, I will never make it, I’m not up to standard, I’ll never qualify etc.  These are lies from the pit of hell.  That is why Paul says that the weapons we use to fight these things, are not physical weapons.  The mind is the battle field, not the heart.  What you think, is what will happen.

Remember, there are only two things that the devil can do; he is the deceiver of the brethren and he is the father of all lies.  The battle is in the mind, it is not in the flesh.  Jesus does not condemn, He convicts (Romans 8 vs 1).  It is the devil that condemns.

The best way to combat the accusations and condemnations of the devil is to use the weapons that God has given us – the armour of God: the helmet of salvation, the breast plate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the shoes of the Gospel of peace, the shield of faith.  The only aggressive weapon that He has given us, is the Word of God which is the Sword of the Spirit.

When we put those on every day and go out into the real world, we will find that the devil is unable to attack us.

The best form of spiritual warfare is to lead a soul to Christ.  That is the one thing that the devil hates more than anything else.
Continue to be Jesus to people wherever you go.
Build them up, speak life and not death.
Be positive and not negative.
Remember the Word of God.

Philippians 4:13: “We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.”

Have a wonderful day & God bless
Angus Buchan

Tags: , ,

Trackback from your site.

Comments (11)

• Leon Britz

Thank you for your messages! It inspires! Please keep sending them! God Bless!

• Allister Commons

Thanks for sharing this message 🙂 especially reminding me that Christ doesn’t condemn, he convicts (y)
    I’m also trying to be a vessel for Christ and lead people to JESUS so that they can except their salvation that was already paid for.
    I’ve spoke to a couple of people that has the perception that their past sins is so bad that they cannot forgive themselves.
    But I need you to pray for me because all I want from GOD is wisdom and knowledge and above all to apply the wisdom to my daily life, imitate Christ and crucify my fleshly desires because the same Holy Spirit that lived in JESUS our Saviour also lives in me.

GOD bless you 😉
    Allister

• Betty

I love your preaching– there is a question I’m seeking God for–that is– if a huband + wife have a quarrel — + one opologises weeather he/she is wrong– but the other spouse– dosent dorgive– + carries on for days on end– is that person who opologised prayers hindered? That’s my life– its not easy but I try with prayer..amen

• Sandra Gerber

Thank you for the daily messages, every day is a challenge especially at the moment as my daughter who has had no work for a year is embarking on a new venture so I pray for her and her family and know that God is on her side no matter what comes.

• charlie november

Its like a solders if they wounded in the head he can’t perform he’s daily duties effectively. If satan get into our mind we can’t perform our daily spiritual duties. If you allow to be wounded in the head you will be allowing spirit of heaviness. The Lord is telling us this thing because he love us he will never forsake us…

• Mariaan Pretorius

Goeie more Oom Angus, ek sit vanoggend hier op my stoep en lees hierdie stukkie van oom. Dit voel asof die Here juis hierdie deel gestuur het net vir my. Kom ek verduidelik: Ek was getroud vir 24 jaar toe my man oorlede is in 2003. Ek het daarna betrokke geraak met n man, en in sonde saam met hom gaan woon. Die Here het ons n duur les geleer, en na sewe jaar en nadat ons by n pastoor was wat vir ons verduidelik het dat ons teen God se Wil gelewe het, het ons n einde gemaak aan die verhouding, want sien, ons wou nie trou nie. Baie hartseer dinge tussen in oor die sewe jaar, het alle respek vernietig. Ek is nou terug by my kinders, en het weer n werkie begin soek, en het n nuwe vriend ontmoet. Nog net vriende op hierdie stadium, en ek sien rooi ligte flikker: ?raag een: my werk: ek werk vir n indier, n Moslem.. En nommer twee: die man wat ek nou ontmoet het, is n self erkende Atieis. Hy glo in niks. My geloof in my Redder is sterk, maar na my man se afsterwe was ek opstandig en kwaad. Ek probeer om weer betrokke te raak by my kerk soos voorheen, my verhouding te bou soos voorheen, maar ek sukkel! Ek is nie seker of die werk en die nuwe mans-vriend volgens God se Wil is nie.. Ek doen niks verkeerd nou nie.. Sal NOOIT my knie buig voor enige ander God behalwe die God van Abraham, Isak en Jakob nie.. Die Lewende God! Kan u my (asseblief) net raad gee???

• Tim

Enjoyed our time of prayer together at the Old City in Jerusalem.

September 21
    As of tonight, from the second week in Jan. 2013, there have been 200 that have come to Jesus as their Saviour on Hunter Sq. in Edinburgh, Scotland. Praying for over 300 by years end.

Blessings
    Tim McKinney
    provita67@juno.com
    Provitaministries.webs.com
    044 78 6496 1082
    Ireland/Scotland

• Ezekiel

I have just read your articles they are inspiring me and I feel you fromyour sermons

• belinda marais

It takes 28 days to change a habit. Everyone should start there day with a prayer. Why not start by dressing with Gods Armor and pray the Blood of Jesus over yourself and your family.

• roger bean sr.

Thanks Angus. You always hit the nail that I need driven. May God continue to bless.

• Trevor

Thank you so much for encouraging us daily. May our Heavenly Father bless and keep you and yours. Sincere regards.