Dear Prayer Partners,
In the daily devotional ‘A Farmer’s Year’, Angus wrote, ‘Let me remind you that we are sojourners and travellers in a foreign land and this is not our home. Our home is in Heaven.’ Paul confirmed these words in 2 Corinthians 5:20 when he said “… we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us, we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.’ We represent the Kingdom of God, where Christ is the King in a domain that belongs to His Father and our Father. Therefore, all the saints are Christ’s representatives in the Kingdom of God here on earth. Consequently we receive all our instructions directly from our King, Jesus Christ. In order to do this, He has given us direct communication with Him, known as prayer. We have an ambassador’s manual known as the Bible. He has given us a Counsellor and Helper, the Holy Spirit, to help us interpret and understand the manual correctly (after all, He wrote the manual) and to speak boldly on behalf of our King. Let us now go to our King in prayer and ask Him to communicate His will to us and to help us to communicate His will to the people of this world that seem to be in turmoil.
Dear Lord Jesus, when You were on earth You saw the multitudes and were moved with compassion because they were weary and scattered like sheep without a shepherd. When we view the situation of the multitudes of this world then we cannot but conclude that the problem is still the same. You also observed that the harvest was truly plentiful but that the labourers were few and that it was necessary to ask the Lord of the Harvest to send out labourers into the harvest. We want to intercede for Angus whom You have called to be a committed harvester. Our petitions on behalf of our brother Angus are as follows:
- That You will open doors to enable Your Gospel to reach the uttermost parts of the world.
- Please protect Angus and Jill against the onslaughts and false accusations of the enemy, the devil and his evil spirits and the people that they may use.
- Lord, may Your Word, that will proceed out of the mouth of Angus, not return unfulfilled to You but that it shall bring about and fulfil Your sovereign will, purposes and plans that you have for the lost.
- Please look after all his needs such as good health, a healthy and clear mind, physical strength for all his travels, personal needs for himself, his family, the ministry and all those that are involved in the ministry with him.
- Please work with Angus and confirm Your Word by stretching out Your hand to heal; that signs and wonders may be done in Your name wherever Angus preaches; that multitudes may be reconciled to You in our country and also in the countries beyond our borders such as the USA in May, the United Kingdom in June, Brazil in August, Israel in October and again the USA in November.
- Please remind us Lord to pray about these things regularly and consistently.
Dear Lord Jesus, we ask these things in Your Name and trust that You will present this prayer of agreement to our Father, as our Intercessor that lives forever.”
May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; may the Lord lift His countenance upon you and give you peace.
Trackback from your site.