Thanks for joining. May this letter be a challenge to you. I also want to use this opportunity to demonstrate certain contradictions that we find in our society and societies the world over. You be the judge regarding the type of society you would prefer.
I am sure that you are aware of all the student unrest that South African universities experienced since the beginning of the year. It became so violent that most universities had to close down for a considerable time directly and indirectly as a result of the damage done to buildings and other assets that belonged to the Universities. Peaceful and devoted students, who happened to be in the majority, had to go home. Their rights to study peacefully and abide by the rules of the Universities were rudely and selfishly ignored by a minority group of people who terrorised the university staff and the rest of the students. The amazing thing is that they actually succeeded to bring a Parliament with a 60% majority in the House of Representatives to their knees – acceding to their demands! The outcome of this was the prevalence of fear, uncertainty, emotional dismay and panic with the majority. The question that needs to be asked is whether this is indeed the way forward? Recently at least 23 schools were set alight and destroyed under the same spirit! This was exploited by the press to the most extreme limit and broadcasted the world over. If this is the answer, then the question is – ‘what’s next?’.
Conversely, at the same universities Christian students and other peaceful students resolved to respond with a different spirit, a spirit of love, a spirit of meekness, a spirit of reconciliation, a spirit of obedience to authorities. These students, spearheaded by Christian leaders on Campus, consulted with University officials and received approval that Angus be invited to come and preach the good news of the Gospel to all that were willing to hear. Seven Universities responded positively. The meetings were extremely well attended. Thousands of students resolved to become Christians for the first time, receiving the free gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ and understanding the love of God. Peace returned to these universities, the atmosphere changed and soon classes could be continued with. Strangely though, virtually no mention of this was made in the press. We know that, if this is the answer – the next will be more peace.
Joshua said to the nation of Israel, ‘Choose you this day whom you will serve….!’
Come let us pray together, ‘Our Heavenly Father, may your name be honoured; May your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us daily the bread we need. Forgive us what we owe to you, as we have also forgiven those who owe anything to us. Keep us clear of temptation, and save us from evil’.(J B Phillips translation)
Please refer to the last paragraph in May’s prayer letter and continue to fervently pray for Angus and Jill. They need your prayers and lots of rest.
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.
Lots of blessings,
This may be the first time that you read a prayer letter on Angus’ webpage. I want to assure you that Angus deeply appreciates your support. May I suggest that you encourage your friends, family and acquaintances to pray regularly for Angus, his wife Jill, and everyone who labours behind the scenes of Shalom Ministries, giving thanks also for every single person who supports this ministry financially?
There is a great desire that the Lord open a door for Angus to minister the word on Kyknet. Although this may be a costly venture it is not beyond the reach of the Lord who owns all the cattle on a 1000 hills and the gold in every mine! Let us humble ourselves before the Lord in faith and trust that He will hear our prayers and make this venture possible!
During the past month Angus had the privilege of ministering the gospel at various universities in South Africa. This was indeed an answer to prayer. Let us trust that this was not just a once off but that it will grow from strength to strength in the years ahead. Let us also express our gratitude to all the Christian students under the spearhead of Shofar Church who trusted God for this great rock. Let us continue to pray that more universities will open their doors and facilities for the preaching of the gospel. Pray also for the thousands of students who opened their hearts for the Lord Jesus Christ for the first time, as well as those that recommitted their lives to Him. Pray that they may be able to stand strong in the Lord and power of His might. The Universities visited so far are Stellenbosch University, University of Cape Town, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria and the University of the Free State at Bloemfontein. On the 18th May Angus will be ministering at the University of Potchefstroom. Keep this one in your prayers as well.
The Lord poured out His Spirit at the Karoo Mighty Men Conference which occurred during 29 April -1 May. Many souls were saved and restored and the Lord confirmed his word with mighty miracles and signs! Please pray for every person that was touched by the Lord, that they may be able to continue in faith and that they will receive power from the Holy Spirit to become witnesses for the Lord Jesus Christ. Thanks to all who prayed for the Goudveld Mighty Men Conference which took place at Fochville from 13-15 May. Angus, as well as Ben Loubser and Rican Brits, ministered the word of God and there was a mighty anointing that will touch the lives of men eternally.
The past two months were very busy and taxing for Angus, both physically and spiritually. He needs to draw aside and rest a while with the Lord. He also needs to catch up with all the other forms of ministry such as, writing books, preparing spiritual articles for various magazines and newspapers, the producing of Grassroots for daily broadcasting and television viewing on various TV and radio channels and many other engagements – too many to mention, not forgetting his responsibility and affection for his family. Please pray!
The Lord reigns,
This word of reconciliation that has been given to us by a loving God in order to call sinners to be reconciled to Him through our Lord Jesus Christ is nothing less than the preaching of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus. Jesus has also given to the church gifted men, called evangelists, to fulfil this glorious task. For this reason the Gospel is preached by laymen, pastors, teachers, prophets, apostles and evangelists! You need no qualifications! However you need the Holy Spirit to anoint your words in order to convince the world of the sin of unbelief in Christ! You can be a child, a teenager, a young adult, a mature or elderly person or a male or female. If you do not have the confidence to share the Gospel, the Lord says that you can pray. Listen what Jesus said to His disciples in Mat 9:37-38 “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the labourers are few. Therefore PRAY the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest.”
Having regard to the situation in South Africa, let us pray for the harvest in South Africa.
Heavenly Father we ask in the name of Jesus for:
- Open doors for Angus at our schools, universities, tertiary and all other educational facilities in South Africa for the proclamation of the Gospel of peace, the unfolding of your love through those that already belong to you and the salvation of those that do not believe in Christ.
- The raising up of student labourers in our educational facilities in order to bring the Gospel to unsaved students
- Boldness for Christian -principals, -teachers, -lecturers, -student leaders and other leaders in authority to commit the Gospel to those that do not believe in you.
- Access to Angus into Parliament to challenge the representatives of the nation to: serve honestly and to have regard to the great responsibility they have towards the people that elected them; to flee temptation, manipulation, bribery and corruption that has become a drain and curse to the finances of the nation; to have a genuine regard for the poor.
- Granting of good health, boldness and courage to Angus to fulfil the calling that you have placed on him to minister all over the world in the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit. Amen
In Him, for you
Thank you so much for looking in. Please stay a while with us and allow the Holy Spirit to use you to join in prayer with all the prayer partners and Angus.
From the March itinerary you will note that Angus will be extremely busy.
Will you set aside time every day in March to cover Angus and the team with prayer:
- Our brother Angus will need all the strength that he can receive from the Lord. ‘ Ps 28 :7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoices; and with my song will I praise him.’ Let us also remember that the joy of the Lord is our strength. That includes you.
- It is so easy to be distracted by the events in the world. The Holy Spirit says friendship with the world is enmity with God. It is for this very reason that Angus must remain focused and heed to the word that says: ‘…..let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12 :1-2)
Will you join in prayer that Angus remains focused?
- Since I have known Angus he preaches the Gospel with great passion. Please pray that he may persevere in this always with great fervour and that he may conclude with Paul, ‘I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.’
- “My grace ‘is’ sufficient for you…’. The most important word in this sentence is the word ‘is’ as opposed to a possible ‘was’ or ‘will be’. ‘Is’ indicates continuous grace, available every moment. Let us pray that the ‘continuous grace’ of God may rest on Angus in order to enable him to lead by example and persevere to the end.
- Scripture says we need protection ‘for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.’ Pauls exhorts that for protection we need to put on the full armour of God. This armour is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ – the girdle of TRUTH; the breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS; the shield of FAITH; the helmet of SALVATION; the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, THE WORD OF GOD. Please pray for the protection of our brother and the team in every facet of their lives as they are out in the forefront of the battle.
4 & 5 March – King Williams Town
8 March – TBN Africa re-launch
13March – MMC Bushveld
17 March – Hans Scriba – CSBM Supper Event in Cape Town; 27 March Shalom Fellowship
Thank you for persevering with us. You prayers are highly valued by the Lord!
In His service with you,
I trust that you and your family had a blessed and a Christ-enriched celebration of the fact that He fulfilled all the prophetic utterances regarding His coming to this lost and dying world as their Saviour. He came to His own and they did not receive Him, but as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to be called the children of God, to those that believe in His name; who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. The Lord also came to introduce us to his Father and encouraged his disciples and us to pray to the Father in His (the Lord Jesus’) Name.
The whole world is in turmoil (including South Africa), prophets and the forecasters in the world are of the opinion that 2016 is going to be a tough year – war will escalate, crime will increase, corruption will increase, natural disasters will escalate in intensity, the poor will become poorer….. All these things are the consequences of sin.
This creates an opportunity for the preaching of Christ as the Saviour who alone gives mankind a Hope and a Future. Difficult times seem to make people more aware to seek and to find real solutions for the problems of the world. We know the answers are from God who will equip men and women to proclaim good tidings of great joy, which shall be for all people. Let us who believe and pray fervently for God’s mercy and grace to be extended. Let us pray in particular for our brother Angus and the team whom God has raised up as a voice to the nations in South Africa and even other parts of the world. Please pray in faith with us for this year that the Lord will move in the hearts of men and women.
Keep the following events in your prayers:
- February 19 -21, MMC North West, Inyala Game Lodge
- February 25, Jubilee Community Church, Cape Town
- March 5, Dale College, King Williams Town
- March 11-13, MMC Bushveld, Snymansdrift Farm, Polokwane, Limpopo
It is a blessing to serve with you.
Allow me to express my appreciation and gratitude for all your prayers for Angus. When we look back we can only thank God for hearing us and answering all our prayers. This gives us confidence to go to His throne of grace freely to make our request, petitions and prayers known to Him.
The year 2015 will be remembered for a number of extraordinary things:
- The war in the Middle East
- The migration of hundreds of thousands of peoples from North Africa and the Middle East to Europe
- The terrorist activities in Europe and the USA
- Earthquakes, famines, droughts, floods and pestilences at various places
- Lawlessness abounding everywhere
Surely this must be the beginning of sorrows and signs of His coming to receive those that belong to Him? (See in Mat 24.) What does the Lord expect us to do in the meantime? ‘And this gospel of the Kingdom must be preached to the entire world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.’ Math 24:14.
The urgency for the preaching of the Gospel is going to be greater in the years to come than ever before. We should take note that those that are suffering under the calamities mentioned above are actually the harvest. In this regard Jesus said in Luke 10:2 the Lord Jesus said, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few. Therefore PRAY the Lord of the Harvest that he may send out labourers into His harvest.’
Dear Lord Jesus, Lord of the harvest, we thank you for the ministry that you have given Angus to fulfil your calling as Evangelist, Prophet and Teacher. We pray in particular Lord that you may give Angus a time of good rest and prepare him for the great things that you want to do through him in the years to come. May he be like a Caleb in his own prayers, saying: ‘LORD! Give me this mountain!’
Lord, prepare all of us for the years that lie ahead that we may be diligent in our prayers for Angus and the ministry that you have called him to.
Lord I pray for all of us during this time of celebrating the birth of the Son of God:
For unto us a child is born,
Unto us a son is given,
And the government will be on his shoulder,
And His name will be called,
Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of peace.
Meet us here again in the next year. Remain in Him! Leon.
Thank you for joining with so many others that will read and say ‘amen’ to these prayers for Angus. He, George Carpenter and Tommy Voget left for Murfreesboro, Nashville, Tennessee on the 1st November. By the time that you read this letter they would have arrived already. I would like you to join in on a prayer walk covering the period from the 3rd November – 10th November.
- 3rd Nov: Today Angus and George will fly to Dallas and overnight in Dallas, Texas.
‘Lord we pray for a safe flight and that you will strengthen Angus and his team both physically and spiritually for the live Ministry to be delivered at Daystar TV on the 4th November. Lord will you please prepare him as your ambassador for the nation.’
- 4th Nov: Today Angus will appear live on Daystar TV and later depart to Fort Smith, Arkansas and overnight there.
‘Dear Lord, TV interviews can be intimidating, but you comfort us in that we will be given the words to speak at occasions like this by your Holy Spirit. Grant that your word through Angus will be powerful, filled with challenge and conviction. Grant also Lord that they may have a safe journey to Fort Smith. Please draw the unsaved to come and hear Your Word on the 5th .’
- 5th Nov: Tonight Angus will preach at Harper Stadium, Fort Smith, Arkansas organised by Darrel Kirkland.
‘Dear Lord we believe that this stadium will be filled to capacity and that there will be a rich harvest of souls, backsliders and lukewarm Christians. Grant that Angus may speak boldly and fearlessly.’
- 6th Nov: Today Angus will travel by car to Joplin in Missouri. The evening event will be at Victory Ministry and Sport Complex.
‘Dear Lord, once again we repeat our prayers already prayed. We pray that many will attend this meeting and we ask that your grace may be extended to all of them. We ask Lord to give Angus and his team rest and refreshment in You, the water of Life. May your favour remain with him.’
- 7th Nov: Today there will be 2 services at World Outreach Church in Murfreesboro at 17h00 and 19h00 respectively.
- 8th Nov: Today there will again be 2 services at World Outreach Church at 08h30 and 10h30 and,
- 8th Nov: At 18h00 there will be a thanksgiving service and the main event at Bridgestone Arena(20 000+ seater), Nashville, Tennessee where Angus will be sepeaking. Let us pray for these last 5 events:
‘Dear Lord Jesus, we thank you for taking care of Angus and his team. Thank you for equipping him with this great task to be a minister of the Gospel all over the world, but more particularly the USA at the moment. May the fire of the Holy Spirit fall in an unprecedented way even causing people to shout for joy!’
- 10 Nov: Returning home.
‘Lord we pray for a safe journey home and we thank you for Jill who remained faithfully praying and waits patiently at home for the return of her husband.’
It is time to talk to the LORD again. Thank you for praying for Angus daily. If only you knew how desperately he is in need of your prayers you will not miss a day. I looked at Angus’ calendar for the past 6 weeks and cannot believe that he was able to fit in all the events, the writing of articles, the preparing of daily devotionals, daily TV messages, consultations, ministries in South Africa and overseas, daily radio broadcasts, time with Jill, time with the family and time with the LORD in his daily time of prayer which I know is first priority and highly important.
You and I also claim to be busy, sometimes so busy that we neglect our own special time with the LORD, we neglect time with our wives, children and grandchildren, we neglect time with our friends, we neglect prayer meetings, bible study and church attendance. If we do a little introspection we will find that we still have time to eat out, attend or play cricket, soccer, tennis and rugby, go away for weekend breaks, watch our favourite TV programs, spend hours per week on Facebook, WhatsApp, the Internet and Emails. None of these things are evil in itself. Of course we are entitled to exciting holidays, rest, leisure and entertainment but not at the expense of the things that have eternal values! The best of all is that GOD has a rest for His children and that He encourages us daily to be diligent to enter that rest? (Heb 4:10-11). I am sure you know there were times when the Apostles were so busy that they did not even have time to eat? Jesus then lovingly invited them to come aside to a solitary place to rest. (Mark 6:31).
We are now drawing nearer to year-end events, office parties, celebrations, Christmas parties and a multitude of events that will place additional demands on our lives. Let us consider that the wise thing would be, not to give in to the things that will place additional burdensome demands on our daily lives at the expense of Love, Peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit. Let us first find rest in the right place and listen to the voice that says, ‘Come unto me all of you who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.’
Enter into an agreement with yourself that you will continue to pray daily for Angus, Jill and all the people that are involved with Shalom Ministries. Let me give you a brief description of the areas, in addition to that mentioned above, that you can cover in prayer:
That GOD may endue him with rest, a healthy body and a healthy mind, wisdom, the word of knowledge, discernment, signs, wonders and healings, humility and all the fruit of the Spirit, safe travelling, protection against evil men, loneliness, the continued fullness of the Holy Spirit, a sound memory and words that will not condemn but bring life to the people. That he may be a good husband to his wife, a good father to his children, a good grandfather to his grandchildren a good friend to his friends and to all that the Lord shall call to Himself through Angus’ ministry.
The LORD bless you all richly, He will keep you through difficult and good times, He will look at you and smile over you with the radiance of his kindness, and He will be gracious to you. Remember also that he said “My peace I leave with you…”
About a month ago an inner voice spoke to me saying “Why is it that My people do not want to talk to Me?” I was challenged personally as I knew that I was one of the main culprits. Having confessed my failure I wonder what your reply would be to that Voice. I discovered that there was no rebuke in the question, but rather a disappointment and sadness. It is the same Voice that said to Jeremiah “Call unto me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you never knew” and to the apostles, “until now you have asked nothing in my name, ask and you will receive that your joy may be full.” What a privilege to have this open invitation from the most important Being in and beyond the universe!! Please join with me in prayer while you read this letter.
Let us thank God the Father, our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit for all the people that were touched, renewed, saved and healed this year through the ministry that was given to Angus. Bear in mind that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, the rulers of darkness of this age and against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places! (Eph 6:12). Bear also in mind that our brother Angus is in the forefront waging this battle. In this regard Paul the Apostle also said “pray for me that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the Gospel.”(Eph 6:19)
Let us now ask the Lord to be mighty through Angus for that which lies ahead:
- Vereeniging, Gauteng, 29 August – a massive effort to have a ‘bible run’ in order to raise funds for the purchase of Bibles to reach the lost. Angus will minister the gospel to all the spectators and participants. Many unsaved will be there as well. Ask the Lord for their salvation.
- Pietermaritzburg, Maritzburg College, 3 September – Maritzburg College is one of the finest schools for boys in South Africa. Many prominent people in South Africa were taught at this school. Ask the Lord to open the ears of these young men to hear and respond to the Gospel for the raising of real godly men for our desperate country.
- Welkom, Free State, 25-27 September, Mighty Men Conference – Ask the Lord to raise up a multitude of new mighty men, from all walks of life, out of this gold mine city. Very few people know the background of David’s mighty men (2 Sam 23:8-39). Scripture tells us that “everyone who was in distress, everyone who was in debt and everyone who was discontented gathered to him. He became their captain and there were about 400 of them.” (1 Sam 22:2) Out of these the mighty men were raised.
- Lusaka, Zambia, 25 October, national day of prayer and repentance – At this stage we can reveal that God is doing great things in Zambia that will impact the whole of Africa for Jesus. Pray for President Edgar Lungu who has made a brave step for his country in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray also for Angus’ future role in this great event. Further information will follow soon.
Please continue to pray for our brother that he may, with the wisdom that comes from God, continue in his daily activities that include – the writing of inspirational articles for various magazines and newspapers, broadcasts over the radio and TV, the writing of daily devotionals, Christian books and the latest, the Daily Devotional Bible.
Thank you for your continued prayer support,