OUR THREEFOLD VISION
- The Great Commission – Mark 16:15
- Caring for Orphans and Widows – James 1:27
- Equipping Saints for the work of Ministry – Matthew 28:20
Everything undertaken at Shalom embraces this vision. Shalom is also home to a community of families and believers who live and work as a team at Shalom.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- In the Eternal Triune God.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart from God.
- In the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very Man.
- In the Spiritual Unity of Believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
THE SHALOM FARM
Shalom farm is run by Fergus and Ashleigh Buchan where the main line is producing maize meal. The mill is situated on the farm and produces super grade maize meal, which is bagged and sold under the Shalom name.
The farm also produces cabbage and hay bales which are sold off of the farm and is also delivered to customers.
The Buchans run a comercial herd of cattle consisting mainly of Simbra type cows which are put to Angus bulls. The calves are marketed annually as weaners and long weaners.
The most recent venture on the farm is the introduction of an American Quarter Horse stud. The aim is to produce a well bred, well schooled, versatile horse for a wide range of riders.
Although the farm no longer produces potatoes, we, as the second generation of Buchan farmers on Shalom, are very aware of God’s provision and faithfulness. We thank the Lord for His hand over our farm and families.